Last Thursday we were celebrating Donna’s niece, Sarah’s graduation party that was thrown indoors. Macaroni, cheese bar, burrito, baked potato, pizza – we were having a great time! While everyone was busy playing cards, Sarah was standing alone on the balcony.
“What happened?” I asked.
“I am happy to be a graduate but I am wondering what to do next! Like so many options. I can’t decide!” She replied.
“It’s okay! Have this!” I said handing over some ice cream.
“I want to make the right choice for myself!” She expressed.
“You will! Let me share with you some hacks that will help you!” I expressed and shared with her these 5 ways which can help anyone at this juncture:
- Set your goal- You know yourself the best! Reflect and see what you want. Where do you see yourself in the next five years? Do you want to be a content creator, a presenter, or be a part of the management team? Visualize and go for that which is exciting you!
- Don’t be under any pressure of choosing the ‘best’- It gets stressful when you have the pressure to make the best choice. Don’t drain yourself with that. Your focus should be on being wise. In the end, you have to work on what you choose and make it work for you!
- Let passion help you- When you are passionate about something you will never find it drab. You don’t need to give an excuse. The natural focus will be on innovation. You won’t go for anything less and that, in turn, will make you more productive.
- Don’t rush- Take your time and don’t rush as that can lead to a poor choice. An informed decision based on proper research and guidance will be better. You need to feel confident and convinced at first. So, give yourself enough time before taking the next step!
- Keep Calm- In these situations, your mind can make you overthink. A calm mind knows what is right and wise! Detach yourself from such thoughts by doing things that you enjoy. Meditate, read good books, listen to your favorite music or watch that favorite comedy movie once again!
“Phew! Talking to you made me feel so good already! Thank you so much, Uncle Bob! I can’t wait to follow them!”
“You’re welcome! Now come let’s have the desserts before it’s all gone!” I replied and then we went in.
Our choices help us to walk on the path of our dreams. They open doors for manifesting them. The right choice coupled with faith and confidence paves the way for a happy and fulfilled life!
Congratulations to all the new graduates!